Israel's Nature Site

Insects, Molluscs and other small life forms from Israel (by Oz Rittner)

Forums

Forum Home > General Discussion > Eulasia rittneri

Dror Melamed

Hello Oz,

I would like to congratulate you on the identification, definition and naming of the new species E. rittneri, which I suppose there is a connection between its name and yours, unless there is another Rittner among the entomologist community. I saw the introduction in the paper of MARCO ULIANA & GUIDO SABATINELLI [Zootaxa 2436: 28–56 (2010)], but could not reach the entire publication. I would be grateful if you could say a few words on this species and its discovery. Where you the first to discover it? Please indicate the major signs for identification, its abundance in Israel and any further important information.

Cheers,

Dror

May 1, 2010 at 3:17 PM Flag Quote & Reply

saturnids
Site Owner

Hi Dror,

Thank you for your message. The specie was described (as you saw yourself) by Marco Uliana and Guido Sabatinelli both from Italy and both are good friends and collegues. Actually Guido is visiting Israel a lot and you can see him in the sites photo gallery.

The paper is not allowed to be online sadly, however, I just sent you the complete paper by mail. It is very well written and contains very good photos and if you will read carefully I'm sure you will find it very interesting.

It is very similar to Eulasia genei and in the paper you will see the differences clearly.

If not, I will gladly put it in words here. Anyway, if you have any questions pls feel free to ask.

This is the end of the season for this specie but it still might be out there (I saw a few specimens a week ago near Park Britania). 

Best regards,

Oz

May 2, 2010 at 8:28 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.